Julia’s Wedding – Cocktail Hour
A cocktail reception is a perfect time for the guests to socialize and eat a range of delectable canapes. Julia and Simon love the idea of a cocktail hour as it adds to the ‘black tie’ theme, and provides variety to the traditional wedding and speeches. A lot of people think of summer when they think of cocktails, however winter cocktails are just as tasty and refreshing. Try some of these out for yourself:
Pomegranate/Cranberry Champagne Cocktail
Perfect for the toasts- blend bubbly with pomegranate or cranberry juice.
Stunning blend of rum, lime juice, fresh mint and sugar- add some soda for a bit of a sparkle.
White Chocolate Cherry Martini
Combine ice with white chocolate liqueur, vanilla-flavoured vodka, maraschino liqueur and Irish cream liqueur and garnish with a chocolate covered cherry.
Choco Mocha Mint Cocktail
Blend chocolate liqueur with peppermint schnapps and coffee and top with whipped cream and a mint leaf.
Image credit: 1-8
- Large photo- http://www.lovingyourcurves.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Wedding-Cocktail.jpg
- Bottom left- http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-fmZMY3hfXhU/UrTfWHuKwXI/AAAAAAAADWQ/DwmJS_hhEeQ/s1600/Apple+Cinnamon+Cocktail+2.jp
- Bottom second left- http://www.tomorrowoman.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Kir-Royale-Popsicles.jpg
- Bottom second right- http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/multimedia/archive/00089/winter-cocktails-tur_89174c.jpg
- Bottom right- http://steampub.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/pumpkin-pie-martini-pic-2014-1.jpg
- Top right- http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/assets_c/2012/12/20121205-232693-sparklingcocktails-columbiaroom-thumb-625xauto-291214.jpg
- Top right second- http://mambomobilebars.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/SkinnyCranberryVanillaCockt.jpg
- Top right third- http://www.timduncanevents.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Winter-Sun-Cocktail.jpg