Makeup is important to lots of Brides- whether it be the natural look they choose to go for or a more defined and heavier look, finding the perfect makeup artist can be a hard decision. We always suggest to Brides to go for a makeup look they are comfortable with.
We asked the expert, Tara Sanger, for some top tips for Brides who are looking for a makeup artist- Tara is a Dorset based make up artist who has worked with lots of our Bellissimo Brides- her fab top tips are:
- When looking for a makeup artist for your big day, take time to look through magazines and pinterest to get an idea of the type of look you like, keeping in mind what makeup style you usually wear, this isn’t the time to try out a whole new look, you want to look like yourself just the very best version! also remembering what your dress/hair accessories and theme are, you want everything to compliment each other.
- Look through the makeup artist’s work from previous brides, if you’re looking for a fresh natural look then you may not want to choose someone who only does a dark smokey eye or vice versa. Look for someone who’s makeup style you like and someone who can work with a number of looks.
- Remember the makeup artist will know what works well in photos and what will last well on your skin, as well as what colours and textures will work best. Take time to talk to them so they know exactly what you’re looking for, and anything you don’t like, they will be happy to go through all this with you.
- Ask the makeup artist what products they use, and do they use long wearing & waterproof products – there are a lot more than just waterproof mascaras out there now. You want your makeup to look as fresh and flawless as when it was first applied, regardless of how many tears you’ve shed.
- Chat to your makeup artist and see how you get on with them, you will be spending your wedding morning with them and you may feel nervous or anxious, so you will want to feel comfortable and at ease around them. People always tell me how lovely it was having me there and how I felt part of the morning and I think that’s so important, it makes my job so worth while!
If you would like any more information on Bridal makeup or would like to book a trial then please get in touch, I would love to talk to you about your ideas.
Some gorgeous looks that Tara has created:
Bellissimo’s favourite makeup looks:
1.Vintage – beautiful and classic look. We love red lipstick on brides. If you choose a bold lipstick, don’t overdo the eyes too- simple black eyeliner and subtle lashes look just perfect.
2. Barely there – if you don’t normally wear makeup, this subtle makeup could be the look for you. With a little bit of shimmer on the eyelids and subtle blush and highlighter is all you need to look stunning and natural.
3. Classic makeup – we love this classic look which looks timeless.
4. Glamorous look- this makeup look is slightly heavier than the others, but looks absolutely beautiful and we love the eye shadow colours.
5. Colourful look – if you wanted to inject a bit of colour into your makeup, we love this look with the purple tones in the eye shadow and the lip gloss.
6. Smokey look – dark smokey eyes and nude lips is a timeless look for makeup, bridal or not, we think this look is gorgeous.
Have you got any makeup looks that you love? Please let us know!
Bellissimo Team X